Be sure to access your BCPS Account so that you can view your student's grades. If you do not have login information, contact the main office and they will provide you with an access code.
Communicate with Teachers and Counselors
The fastest way to get in touch with your student's teachers/counselors is through e-mail. BCPS One has a messaging feature. The counselors will regularly send important e-mails through Naviance Family Connection pertaining to events, scholarships, financial aid and presentations that promote college and career readiness.
Make learning a priority
Your attitude toward school attendance, education and involvement in the school makes a strong and lasting impression on your child. Show your child, by example, that learning is a priority. Please note on days where we have a 2-hour delay, all students are expected to attend school. In the event of an excused absence, students must turn in a note within 5 days of the absence to their homeroom teacher.
Show interest in school work
- Talk about school each day.
- Ask to see classwork and homework.
- Check BCPS One regularly.
- Encourage the use of a daily planner to track assignments, due dates, and upcoming tests.
- Encourage your child to discuss new ideas and opinions.
- Show appreciation for good efforts.
Offer suggestions for success
Help your child use the following strategies to improve performance in school:
- Read the assignment when it is given.
- Keep a list of new vocabulary.
- Proofread assignments to catch errors before writing a final draft.
- Review notes before a test.
Schedule study time
Set up an area for homework away from noise and distractions. Post a family calendar that schedules school project deadlines, after-school activities, mid-term dates, exam periods and report card dates.